Master of Human Resources Counselling Degree Programme
Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Education and Regional Development
- Degree: Master of Human Resources Counselling
- Duration of training: 4 semesters (MA)
- Language of instruction: English
Description of the programme
The purpose of this course is to educate and train professionals who are experts in providing help to organizations and companies regarding any area of human resources management, one of the functional areas of leadership counselling.
In this course, besides laying a sound theoretical and methodological foundation, students will acquire up to date methods and techniques of strategy building, change management, personnel work and human resources management. Great emphasis is laid on specific aspects of organizational and social psychology relevant to the objectives listed.
In accordance with European tendencies special attention will be paid to career-planning and counselling, and a major discipline is devoted to equal opportunity and the treatment of disadvantaged groups. According to the tradition of this faculty students will also deal with employment policy, adult education as well as the interdependence of education and the workforce market.
From among the practical skills trained the abilities of counselling and conflict management should especially be pointed out. The curriculum also arranges for a compulsory professional field practice, where skills and knowledge acquired may be applied and deepened in practice.
- Organizational Psychology
- The Method of Counselling
- The Operation of HR Organizations
- Career Guidance
- Theory of Human Resources Counselling
- Practice of Human Resources Counselling
Application procedure: All applicants should take an oral entrance exam from one of the following topics:
- Education and equal treatment
- Psychological aspects of defining personality
- Adult education and labor market
- The role of Human Resources Management in an organization
- The sociological impacts of new communicational technologies
- The socio-economic environment of labor-market.
The applicant should be able to summarize the major statements of the chosen topic and to form an opinion – even critical – regarding the subject in question. The planned date of the oral exam is 15th December, each year, and is supported by IT applications (Skype).
The decision about the application will be posted until 20th of December each year, with which applicants can contact the Hungarian Embassy and apply for a visa.
Application file should contain the following documents:
- Application form (please download the form at the bottom of this page)
- Two passport-size photographs
- Copy of passport
- CV in English
- Copy of certificate of BA degree (officially attested English translation)
- Voucher of payments (100 EUR application fee)
Please submit your application file to:
University of Pécs Faculty of Cultural Sciences, Education and Regional Development,
H-7633 Pécs, Szántó Kovács János str. 1/B., HUNGARY
IMPORTANT: Please write to the envelope: “Master of Human Resources Counselling Degree Programme”
Deadline for application: 1 December (each year)
Location of the education: H-7633 Pécs, Szántó Kovács János u. 1/b
Tuition fee: 1800 EUR/semester; application fee 100 EUR
For more information, please contact: